Tuesday, September 07, 2004

On My ipod: The Postal Service - The District Sleeps Alone Tonight

Cleaned my room today, blah! It is kind of disturbing to sleep in a room that has been slept in by about 40 other dead white guys. While cleaning I found a used condom under the rug, and we all know who left that there... that slut Jefferson. Ah who am I calling a slut? I know if I had a hot slave girl I'd be sleeping with her too.

So funny story...
Every month I'm given a new set of 10 digit launch codes for our nuclear missiles (IE: 83-6927-7328), and yesterday I realized that there are 10 numbers in the launch codes, and 10 digits in a long distance phone number... soooo I thought it would be funny to get on my phone and see who I reach. Well it worked! I ended up calling some guy named Andrew Lawson in Seattle, Washington. Needless to say we both had a good laugh over the whole coincidence; he even told me he was honored to have a phone number which was a nuclear launch code.

He did, however, seem a little concerned and suggested I have them change this month’s launch code just as a precaution, which I absolutely agree with. I’ve got to remember to write that down in my palm pilot so I don’t forget to do that soon.

Smeared black ink... your palms are sweaty
And I'm barely listening to last demands
I'm staring at the asphalt wondering
What’s buried underneath where I am?

-The Postal Service, the District Sleeps Alone Tonight

No comments: