Monday, March 28, 2005

Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt.

Do you ever gamble with your buddies? Do you ever play poker in a garage or put a friendly wager on some sort of sporting event? If so, you know the kind of joy I share with friends and family when we innocently participate in this relatively harmless activity.

Then why is the Federal Government trying to stick its fat hand into my wallet/personal life, not to mention the fact that I’m the President of The United Freaking States of America. I have the freedom to throw my money around however I damn well please thank you very much, and Uncle Sam has no right to tell me how responsible or irresponsible I should be. I’m just now starting to realize who Uncle Sam is… he’s the creepy uncle you only see at weddings because if he didn’t get an invitation it would break poor grandma’s heart – the kind of uncle who thinks that he knows you because you’re some how related by blood, despite your deep concerns and probably accurate suspicions that he was adopted into the family. The kind of uncle that thinks he can tell you exactly what to do with your life as if he’s been soooo successful with his.

Uncle Sam needs to mind his own damned business!

For the record, just so you can’t say I didn’t tell you the whole story, I was caught betting on the Special Olympics. My horse came in 1st, but I had to forfeit all my winnings because Uncle Sam found out through a congressional audit, and claims that this kind of gambling is illegal. Right, like it’s somehow less wrong to find an Indian Reservation and blow all your money there.



(a true underdog, my bookie set him at 6 to 1)

No comments: